"It's always something" part two.


Okay; we had our first real test of the trip and I failed it miserably.  We arrived at JFK after an uneventful and, in fact quite pleasant, trip on JetBlue (which we would definitely fly again to New York); also, JFK appears quite different from the last time I was here; it's quite nice.  So we made it to terminal 8, which is where we have to now check-in for Qatar air.  The gate agent asked for our passports and then our visas; pieces of paper that I have but I didn't think we needed until we were on the river cruise down the Mekong on February 14th. That was supposed to be the first day you needed your Vietnam Visa. I had read every single thing there was to read that I could find on Vietnam visas. I wanted to make sure our visa stretched because we're going to be there until the 29th, and I had read that if you are transiting through the airport in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) you don’t need a visa.  I made the visas good from Feb. 12-29.  Apparently, since the flight we have to Cambodia isn’t a Qatar air flight, she wasn’t sure that we could fly.  I was hyperventilating by then. I had to show her that we had a connecting flight on Cambodia air and she left to go see if this is going to be okay.  Had I just screwed up the entire trip?  While I was having a heart attack, Randy was trying to figure out what we would do in the event that we could not take this particular flight.  Typical for us. I was freaking out, Randy was cool as a cucumber, which is just a wonderful thing. Eventually the gate agent, a lovely girl named Lena whom I will review very favorably when I get around to it, really helped us out. She connected our Cambodia Air flight to the Qatar Air flight, and even checked our bags all the way through to Cambodia, which is actually very helpful for us.  Now we are now comfortably sitting in the American Airlines Lounge drinking wine and having little snacks and I feel much better. Randy says he's glad I came down off my ledge.  Back to Roseanne, Roseannadanna; “it’s always something. . .” 




Comments

Popular Posts