Travel hell day
Today was the day we flew out from Saigon to Phuket. We left the hotel at 8:30, for a 9:00 am arrival at the airport. I have never been to an international airport where they make you go through immigration upon leaving! There were hundreds of passengers, and we waited in line for ages before we could even go through security. Then our flight was delayed by a good half hour or so. The plane had very limited legroom; thank god the flight was only about two hours. Then. . .we got to Phuket. The immigration line took us 1 and a half hours to get through. Hot, humid, standing in line after so much standing in line already, and then an uncomfortable flight. Somehow everyone kept their sense of humor, except for someone who got all chapped and thought that I had cut in front of her when actually, I had gotten up to the agent booth when they abruptly closed three of them right in front of me! I just moved on to the next available one. What an awful airport to get through. I had arranged a car pickup, which by then we had to wait a few minutes for, to find out that it was still an hour's drive to our hotel, in a car that should have been larger for 4 passengers and a driver.
Thank goodness at the end of the day we arrived to a decent hotel with a rooftop bar and restaurant. We needed it!



Comments
Post a Comment